Milano’s Office of Career Services provides extensive services for students and alumni. Its mission is to offer career education, direction on career planning and decision making, and networking and employment opportunity referrals. As part of that mission, the office actively supports employers in recruiting students and alumni at every stage of their careers. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with office staff during their first year of study at Milano. Alumni are invited to use the office’s services and complete career workshops throughout their professional lives. Milano’s career services professional staff has expertise in coaching those who may have limited work experience, those who are career changers, and those who are seasoned professionals.
Appointments are available for those seeking individual advisement on a range of topics including:
- Career assessments and exploration
- Evaluating professional goals
- Job and internship search strategies
- Résumé/cover/thank-you letter writing
- Interview and salary negotiation preparation
- Finding and obtaining internships in their chosen fields, as well as part-time and full-time/permanent positions