Fellowship positions for the 2014-2015 Global Health Corps fellowship class are now available on the GHC website. GHC is looking for driven, passionate, young leaders with diverse skill sets and experiences to join the movement for health equity. One-year paid fellowship positions are available with high impact NGOs and government organizations in East Africa, Southern Africa and the US.
A key part of the GHC fellowship is support – fellows are provided housing, a living stipend, medical insurance, transportation, a dedicated in-country program manager, mentorship and professional development opportunities. During the fellowship year, fellows collaborate, innovate, and create sustainable change.
Every GHC placement has two fellows: one from the host country and one international. This co-fellow model not only provides a unique level of support, but also ensures a diverse pool of ideas and practices to approach global health challenges.
To be a GHC fellow, there are only three requirements:
- have a bachelor’s degree
- be under age 30 when the fellowship begins (July 2014)
- be proficient in English
- Knowledge Management, Information and Communication Fellow, CARE International, Burundi
- Project Officer, mothers2mothers, Malawi
- Knowledge Management Fellow, Rwanda Ministry of Health, Rwanda
- Program Coordinator, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Uganda
- Global Program Associate, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, New York, United States
- Senior Research Associate, Zambia Ministry of Health, Zambia
Applications close January 26, 2014.