Friday, December 2, 2016
Presented by Unite For Sight
Shubert Theater, New Haven, Connecticut
- “Wanted: Innovative, Disruptive, Out of the Box Ideas — Risk-Takers Need Not Apply,” Jordan Levy, Chief External Relations Officer, Ubuntu Education Fund
- “How Texting is Saving Lives,” Nancy Lublin, Founder, Crisis Text Line
Lessons Learned From The Experts
- “Healthcare Social Enterprise: Proven Paths to Failure,” David Aylward, Senior Advisor, Global Health and Technology, Ashoka — Innovators for the Public
- “Business Models for Social Enterprises in a Grant-Dominated World,” Jason R.L. Kass,Senior Director of Finance, Dimagi, Inc.
- “Title TBA,” Mark Roithmayr, Chief Development Officer, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
What Should You Do With Your Ideas? Navigating Responsible Global Engagement
- “Scaling a New Revenue Model,” Jane Aronson, President and CEO, Worldwide Orphans Foundation
- “Narrative Justice: Who Has the Right to Tell Development Stories?” Lisa Russell, Emmy-Winning Filmmaker and Global Health Advocate, Governess Films
- “Growing Better Health: Taking Community-based Models to Scale,” Jessie Cronan,Executive Director, Gardens for Health International
Key Strategies in Entrepreneurship
- “Title TBA,” Rodney North, Fair Trade, Marketing and Communications Consultant
“High School Health Hackathon: Involving Young People in Solving Global Health Challenges,” Luk Hendrik, Sana
- “Title TBA,” Joshin Raghubar, Chairperson and Founder, iKineo
Complete details and the Institute schedule can be seen on the Social Entrepreneurship Institute website.
Unite For Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit global health delivery organization that is free of commercial interests and committed to promoting high-quality care for all. The Social Entrepreneurship Institute is presented annually by Unite For Sight. SEI 2016 is Unite For Sight’s 4th annual Institute.